Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Finance for Non-Financial Managers
22 – 23 February 2019
“Every business decision made by managers across all functions has a financial impact. Hence, managers need to well understand the financial language and be able to interpret the language in making every business decision the best.”
Every manager needs to understand finance in order to play an active role in helping their organization achieve its objectives. They must be able to read and interpret financial reports, statements, figures and projection in order to make sound business decisions.
This program focuses on sound financial decision-making, evaluating investment proposals, making sense of financial reports and the essentials of budgeting and costing.
Objectives and benefits from this program:
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Better understand finance, allowing them to play a more active role in helping their organization achieve its objective
- Understand financial management and accounting processes
- Understand and communicate better with finance specialists
- Apply good financial practices
- Understand profit, assets and liabilities and cash flow
- Read and draw conclusions from a balance sheet and profit and loss account
- Know how to use a variety of analytical techniques to assess the accounts of a business in terms of profitability, solvency and risks
- Analyze the business using financial indicators
- Prepare and manage budgeting effectively
Participants should have basic knowledge in financial accounting and Microsoft Excel and people who have proved greater management abilities will certainly benefit from this program.
Who should attend this program?
- General Managers, Chief Executive Officers
- C-level officers from any function
- Project managers
- Functional Managers from non-financial department
- Investment Analysts, bankers, investors
- Board members and executives who want to learn more about finance at a strategic position
- And for those accountants who are moving in to finance position
- Module 1: Financial Statements
- Module 2: Business Analysis
- Module 3: Cash Operating Cycle
- Module 4: Costing
- Module 5: Budgeting
- Module 6: Investment Appraisal Tools
Why Executive Education matters?
A mix of diverse participants is an important part of each program. Phnom Penh Business School welcomes experienced executive, managers and leaders who has a broad range experiences from different industries, functions and backgrounds into our training programs. This enriches learning experiences for every program that most benefit participants.
A mix of diverse participants from different industries and background also provides opportunities for our participants to explore professional networking opportunities with all participants, trainers and coaches of every program.
Our Senior Trainer
Varabott graduated from Chicago Booth School of Business (Chicago, Illinois) , MBA’12 (Finance, Private Equity, Strategy), CEFA’98 (Chartered European Financial Analyst, SFAF/EFFAS/CIIA) and Master in Finance ’94 (Master’s degree in Tax, Legal & Wealth Management)
He has more than 20 years’ work experience in Financial Services across Europe and Asia. Extensive international exposure to large scale Investment Management, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Bancassurance and Corporate Advisory missions. He has also conducted several missions in 24 countries (of which 7 in Asia, 15 in Europe).
His key previous positions include:
- General Manager of Cambodia Institute of Banking
- Managing Partner of KYNN & CIE (Private Equity, Investment Banking, etc)
- University lecturer in Cambodia since Jan.2014 (CamEd Business School & Phnom Penh Business School)
- Frontier Market Investment Specialist (Canada Trade Commissioner Service Office )
- Consultant at VDB Loi & BNG Legal (Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia )
- Consultant at LEOPARD CAPITAL ASIA ( Cambodia/Myanmar)
- Business Development Manager, Emerging Markets, Credit Life Business (AXA Enterprises)
- Director, Senior Investment Manager (CREDIT SUISSE – Paris/London/Zurich. Dec.1997/May.2010)
- Senior Portfolio Manager on Pan-European Equities Funds and Hedge Fund ((UK, Continental & Eastern Europe) and Asia (Japan, Singapore, HK, and China )
- Senior Portfolio Manager and Product Specialist on Global Luxury Funds: Sep.2005/May.2010
- Head of Global Technology Team: Dec.2008/Jun.2009(London/Zurich)
- Economist & Junior European Fixed-Income Portfolio Manager (France, Switzerland)
Some of our previous participants include:
Financial Controller, TOTAL Cambodge
Human Resource Business Partner, ANZ Royal Bank, Cambodia
Senior Human Resource Manager, Prudential Life Insurance, Cambodia
Managing Director, Lotus Green Team, Cambodia
Operations Manager, DAMCO, Cambodia
Warehouse Operations Manager, DAMCO, Cambodia
Chief Operating Officer, Phnom Penh Precast Plants Co., Ltd, Cambodia
Managing Director, Blue Opportunity Medical, Cambodia
Senior Accountant, DDU International Corporation, Cambodia
Managing Director, Image Cambodia Travel, Cambodia
Operations Manager, Shift360 Foundation, Cambodia
Workshop Manager, Premium Auto Imports Co., Ltd (BMW), Cambodia
Chief Administration Officer, SABAY Digital Corporation, Cambodia
Front Office Manager, AMANSARA Hotel, Cambodia
Executive Manager, Young Entrepreneur Association of Cambodia
Legal Manager, AMK Microfinance Institution Plc, Cambodia
Managing Director, Medai Enterprise (Ganzberg Beer), Cambodia
Marketing Manager, Medai Enterprise (Ganzberg Beer), Cambodia
Finance Manager, Medai Enterprise (Ganzberg Beer), Cambodia
Executive Director, Arbitration Council Foundation, Cambodia
“I learnt a lot about financial matters from this program. I strongly recommend this training course to those in the positions of managers or directors.” – Managing Director, Blue Opportunity Medical, Cambodia
“This training gives me clear visibility on financial analysis so that I can find ways to control and improve my company’s performance.” – Operations Manager, DAMCO, Cambodia
Program fee: USD350 (coffee, snacks and learning materials are included. Tax is exclusive. No tax for individual participants who pay their own fee. 15% withholding tax will be grossed up to invoice for those participants registered by their companies.)
Venue: Le Garden Restaurant
- Day 1, 22nd February, class starts at 2:00pm – 6pm
- Day 2, 23rd February, class starts at: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Language of instruction: English
Deadline of Enrollment
Please, submit your enrollment latest 16th February 2019.
Fees, Payment and Cancellation
After enrollment notification, we will send you an invoice via email. Payment of the program fees is required to be made prior to the start of the program. Participants can request to make the payment after completion of the program within 15 days of the invoice date. We accept payments by bank wire transfer, company checks and cash.
Participants are required to notice us about their cancellation at least 7 days prior to the training and the fees will be fully refunded. Notice of cancellation less than 7 days will be fully charged. Notice of cancellation shall be notified via written email.
Phnom Penh Business School reserves the rights to change the program content, dates, fees, and trainers to ensure quality, effectiveness and standard preparation.